Sunday, June 26, 2011

Picture post

Two days and I'm already sick of the heat and humidity in this place. Any shirts I wear outside get patterns of sweat on them. I have a fan in my apartment that I have constantly blowing on my desk, but it takes stripping down to your underwear and letting it blow on your sweating bare skin to avoid feeling disgusting. My family had a foreign exchange student from Taiwan years ago that used to put water on her face in the bathroom and then just let it cool down without drying it to keep cool. It's a good idea in theory if only it didn't simulate sweat pouring off your face, making you feel even grosser.

To make matters worse, I have a leather comfy chair. It's not the comfy part I'm complaining about, it's the fact that if I sit in it for any length of time and then stand up, a puddle of sweat gets left on the chair and I feel
like I've just walked out of the shower on my legs. My mom keeps urging me to write. If you people think it's so easy, try keeping your patience when you feel like you're wading through water with each step. Seriously, get a plane ticket, come to Taiwan, and see how far you get on your blogs. :P I'm sitting on a TOWEL right now and it sticks to me when I get up!

I could stride around naked with the blinds closed, but the section between the apartments and the kitchen is outdoors and that runs the risk of some bald, perverted, old man sitting alone with a telescope in another building spying on me.

I found a couple of popsicles in the fridge that the previous teachers left. Also, I found out that "Amy" was one of the names of those teachers, so no past life for me.

All right, I'll put up some pics so you people should be satisfied for a while.

Taiwan from airplane at night.














Sideways view of Chinese church hymnal.

The Church front. Surprisingly similar to American style.

There are gardens grown within the city. Here's a shot of one on the other side of the street.Mountain scenery.


Playground of the preschool as seen from the balcony.

Inside my room.
Outdoor hallway. The left door leads to the bathroom and two rooms, one of which is mine. The right now leads to a copy of the left, but those rooms are mainly used for storage. The door on the far side leads to the kitchen and the living room.
The Living Area is on the second floor. This is a shot of the balcony. This is what you see when you turn around while standing in the same spot as above.
Shot of scenery from the balcony. See the mountains? Actually, they are 3x as tall. It's just the majority of them are being covered by coulds in this pic.
You can see a portion of the city from here.

2 comments:

  1. Dad thinks it's funny that you specified an old BALD pervert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant nothing against Dad, XD. Poor guy. It's just a lot of the old guys around here seem to have bald heads.

    ReplyDelete