Sunday, April 12, 2009

Final Story Idea

Okay, so this may seem like a radical idea, but just let me explain it. I want to write a feature story about the threat of a zombie invasion in Edwardsville, what would the authorities do, how to prepare, and procedures that could be taken to survive. At the end, I would take the information I collected and explain that the same preparations could be taken to avoid other (more real) disasters, like natural dangers or if a school shooting were to occur. I could include a list of suggestions about what one could put into a "zombie survival kit" that could also be used in a 48-hour kit. Of course, I would want to interview some people as to what measures they would take to survive a zombie invasion.

I think this would be a very fun project and would be enlightening for safety procedures on campus. I would probably restrict the focus of the article to SIUE and the students and faculty.

2 comments:

  1. Kim, the more I think about it, the riskier this story gets. I'm just not sure zombies and safety go together in a news story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it comes down to it, I'll just write an article analyzing safety issues on campus. The zombie idea was more to catch the reader's attention. Would it be possible for me to write an article on how students could more fully prepare for natural disasters that might affect our area? The school offers a lot of procedures, but the students themselves often don't pay attention to them. They should be making plans and prepatory kits for themselves in case of an emergency.

    ReplyDelete