Monday, March 2, 2009

Mass Comm Story #3 Idea

Since I'm returning home for the whole week of Spring break, I thought it would be easier to write a story based in my hometown of Freeport, Ill. I thought about doing a consumer review comparing at least three foreign resaurants in the area. There are two Chinese restaurants, one Mexican, and, for comparison reasons, I could include an American western -style restaurant in the review. However, if I need to narrow the focus even more, I could just do a story on the Chinese restaurants. I know that at least one of them changed ownership in the recent past and I would like to get the opinions of other customers as to how that affected the quality of the food. One of them is a diner restaurant while the other is a buffet, so I could make observations on how these styles affect their popularity. I plan to try and get an interview with the owners and at least one or two customers from the restaurants I write about.

2 comments:

  1. Kim - I have some reservations (no pun intended) about this. I think reviewing 4 restaurants as a "consumer review" is impossible in the two pages you have for this assignment. It also may end up being more of a "review" or opinion piece, which we are doing later in the semester. If you are interested in a restaurant story, why not approach this piece from the economic slowdown? Has the bad economy affected Chinese restaurants in Freeport more than "American"? Are fewer people eating out? Are any of these restaurants in danger of going out of business? In fact, a feature on people's dining out habits during the recession might give you more focus. See me if you have questions about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Friends:
    Welcome to visit our blog about Chinese Art
    http://hermes-art.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete